Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for February 29th, 2012

Today I finally finished a pair of mittens for K. Yay, me! 😉 He has been nagging for a little over a year to knit him Goomba mittens to go with his Goomba Hat. Originally he wanted one with a “healthy” Goomba (like the one I did on the left) and one with a squished Goomba, but I just couldn’t find a way of making that Goomba look good. So we settled on doing the original Super Mario from the 8-bit NES game.

Super Mario & Goomba mittens

For the mittens I used size 2,5 needles (US 1) and worked with my favorite Lana Grossa Merino Superfein yarn. As I did the mittens for K. and as his hands are pretty big, I cast on 56 stitches. The ribbing is k1, p1 for about 5 cms followed by 3 rows of 3k, 1p.

Then I knit 7 rows before starting the tumb increase and working the chart. For the increases place marker, kfb, k2, kfb, place marker knit to end of round working chart. Knit the next two rows (always working the chart), before working another increase round as before. Increase till there are 18 stitches between the markers. Work another 5 rows before slippling those 18 stitches onto some spare yarn and then knit till it has the desired length. For the ribbing I did 3 rows in k1 p1 before binding off.

Super Mario Chart

For the thumb, pick up the stitches from the spare yarn and pick up another 3 between the thumb and the palm. Then knit to the desired length. Work again 3 rows of k1p1 before binding off.

The chart for Super Mario is above and the one for the Goomba can be found on my rav. page: http://ravel.me/aravis83/4jcmh

Lilac mittens

And here is another pair (well actually two pairs) of mittens I did for mum, which I simply need to show off. 😉

Here are the lilac gloves on rav.: http://ravel.me/aravis83/wbj8i and here are the black ones: http://ravel.me/aravis83/6bys3

Read Full Post »