Omg, it’s been ages since I last posted. Sorry! Life has been very busy here lately…. work, several congresses, lovely long visit from N. and lots of other stuff. Anyway it’s past time for a new post and there also is a lot I need to show y’all. First of all here is an update on my crazy huge sock yarn blanket:
I’ve been working on it a lot lately and it’s growing nicely. The last time I counted I already had 250 squares but that was a couple of weeks ago and now I’m probably closer to 300. That does sound a lot, doesn’t it? Still it is a long time before it will be finished, but so far I’m really enjoying it. It’s just such an easy project that doesn’t require a lot of thinking.
To give myself a bit of a break from the blanket I’m also working on another pair of socks. I started them on a rather long train ride to K. this summer. It’s a mosaic pattern, which looks rather complicated, but is actually quite easy to do.
Like the blanket pic, this pic also is already a couple of weeks old and so I’ve completed the first sock by now. Right now I’m working on the second one… though for some reason it’s rather slow going at the moment. But I guess that’s pretty normal for second socks…. they never seem to knit up as fast the first ones.
Lately I’ve also worked on a couple of baby projects for a friend, who is expecting twin girls. Here is a pic of one of the cardigan-hat-bootie-sets I knit…. of course there also is such a set in a lovely white-pink-orange yarn for the second girl:
As I had some yarn left over from the projects I’m working on matching toy bunnies at the moment. Actually the bunny pattern is supposed to be a blanket, but as I didn’t have enough yarn left for blankets I’ve turned them into toy bunnies instead. Here is the one, which is already done:
The pattern for the bunny (as well as for all my other projects) can be found on ravelry. For the bunny I modified the pattern a little. That is I shaped the head differently for I didn’t like it that square. Here is what I did:
I followed it closely up to row 63 (including that row). This is the increase row and there should be 28 stitches on the needle. I then switched to DPNs. For that I alternately slipped one stitch from the circular needle on the DPNs (f.ex.: 1. stitch on 1. needle, 2, stitch on 2. needle, 3. stitch on 1. needle, 4. stitch on 2. needle etc.) and started working in the round. For the head I increased to 40 stitches:
1. round: k all stitches
2. round: k1, kfb, k12, kfb, k2, kfb, k12, kfb, k1
3. round: k all stitches
4. round: k1, kfb, k14, kfb, k2, kfb, k14, kfb, k1
5. round: k all stitches
6. round: k1, kfb, k16, kfb, k2, kfb, k16, kfb, k1
After that I worked a couple of round in plain knitting till the head was long enough. Oh and I also embroidered the eyes and mouth before started the decreases:
1. round: k1 k2tog, k16, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k16, k2tog, k1
2. round: k all stitches
3, round: k1 k2tog, k14, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k14, k2tog, k1
4. round: k all stitches
5. round: k2tog, k12, k2tog, k2, k2tog, k12, k2tog, k1
Slip about half the stitches back onto one needle (alternating as before), stuff the head and then slip the rest of the stitches back onto the one needle. You should again have 28 stitches now. Work the ears according to pattern.
As usual all patterns, yarn details and a lot more pic can be found on ravelry page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/aravis83