As I had the last 2 weeks off and didn’t go anywhere in particular, I finally had time to LV to my hearts content and to knit, knit, knit.
Last week I finally finished my knit skirt and it turned out much better than expected, for I discovered halfway through that I should have used the pattern for small instead of medium. As a consequence the skirt is a little big for me… but after putting in the elastic in additon to the cord, you can barely see it. It only flares a little more.
Also I modified the waistband a little. I immediately started knitting in the round and did 7 rows for the “backside”, then one purl row at the turn and 8 (or 9… can’t really remember) knit rows for the “front side”. In the 5. front row I did 2 eyelets with about 15 stitches inbetween.
Through those eyelets I put in an elastic and a cord after finishing the skirt. It would probably have been easier to knit it in the way it is described in the pattern, but I just couldnt make up my mind if I wanted an elastic when I started to knit.
The rest of the skirt I knit according to pattern. I only had to leave out one of the D rows towards the end to make the stripes match up the way I wanted.
Here is my skirt on ravelry. Yarn and needle details can be found there too. (Btw. the yarn I used is absolutely perfect for a skirt. It’s really soft and pretty and shiny. But most important it’s amazingly cool and comfortable to wear.) http://ravel.me/aravis83/35owm